Sunday, March 10, 2013

My new Kitchen Compost

 
I've been wanting to get something to keep my kitchen scraps in until I could take them outside but I could never justify spending the money.  We were using a large pickle jar with the lid but it was so nasty!  You could see all of your kitchen scraps sitting around and looking nasty, and the smell when we opened it was enough to clear the room.  So, my reasons for getting my compost bin? 
 
1) I wanted one
2) Tax money
 
That's pretty much it.  We could have continued using the pickle jar and save the $19.99, but I saw it at Target, had just gotten our tax money, and I've been wanting it.  I am very happy about it.  It's pretty and doesn't smell :-)
 
 
I picked up and extra set of charcoal filters (2 for $4.99).  They each last about 6 months, so I have a year and a half of charcoal filters. 
 
I got lucky, while I was shopping at a bargain/outlet type of store I came across these compost bags.  They were only $2.00!  The only thing that was wrong was a crunched box.  The same bags sell for $5.99 at our Kroger. 
 
 
They fit perfectly!
 
Well, I'm off to play with my girls.  We're heading to the park today.  Spring is on the way!
 
Do you have a kitchen compost bin?  How do you like it?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment