Thursday, March 14, 2013

Mashed Bananas



My local Kroger sells bags of bruised fruit for very cheap so recently my Mom picked me up a bag of 15 bananas for $1.29.  There was no way we were going to eat 15 bruised bananas before they went bad so I decided I would make banana bread.  Well, I didn't really feel like making banana bread at the time so I mashed the bananas up and froze them for future use.  I didn't want them to do to waste!

So I used my Kitchen Aid mixer (the best present EVER!) to mash the bananas up for me.

Then I spooned have of the bananas in one bag and the other half in another bag.

 
Then I labeled them with the date and stuck them in the freezer.  Now I will have bananas anytime I need ripe mashed bananas.
 
 
Don't forget to compost your peels!
 

 
What do you like to do with your extra ripe bananas?

No comments:

Post a Comment